Give to california university of pennsylvania
Make Your Gift Today
Cal U relies on donations from alumni and University friends to provide scholarships for our students and to support other University initiatives.
Your support can change the lives of our students, and we thank you in advance for your generosity. Every gift, large or small, has the power to make a real difference.
We invite you to give online now, using our secure server. To send your gift by mail, simply print and complete the form by clicking the button bellow. All gifts are tax deductible, and you will receive a receipt for your gift.
Please make your check payable to the Foundation for California University, which manages the University's endowment and processs all online gifts.California University of Pennsylvania 250 University Ave. Campus Box 668 California, PA 15419
Why Give to Cal U?
Scholarships remain our students' greatest need. Your gift can make a difference in the life of a Cal U student. Here's why your gift matters:
- More than nine out of 10 of Cal U students qualify for financial aid. Scholarships can ease the financial burden for eligible students.
- A steep decline in support for public higher education has raised tuition costs dramatically in recent years. Today, state funding covers less than 30% of the cost of a Cal U degree.
- Cal U students graduate with an average loan debt of $23,000. Scholarships enable students to borrow less and pay off their student loans sooner.
- Nearly two-thirds of Cal U seniors graduating with student loan debt come from families with a total household income of $50,000 or less. Often, a scholarship makes a positive difference for the student's entire family.
- Cal U historically has opened doors for students who otherwise would not have access to higher education. About XX% of Cal U students are their first in their family to enroll in college.
- Cal U graduates tend to remain in the region, putting their degrees to work and contributing to the regional economy. Scholarships help students stay at Cal U until they earn a degree and begin a career.
- Cal U infuses $270 million into the Pennsylvania economy annually and $100 million into the economy of Washington County. Support for Cal U students helps to ensure the vibrancy of the region.
The Value of a Gift
A single mom of three and a full-time student. A graduate whose ties to Cal U go back more than 30 years. A student who relies on scholarship dollars to complete his education. These are just a few of the stories in the circle of philanthropy at Cal U, where alumni who have gone on to enjoy successful lives give back, and current students in need of a helping hand find the help they need to achieve their dreams.
Watch and listen as donors and scholarship recipients' talk about why they give and why they're grateful.
Alumna Michele Karnash Mandell '69 discusses how scholarships played an important role in her education at Cal U and the financial challenges that students face today. Mandell now serves on the University's Council of Trustees.
Alexandra Brooks talks about the hardships she faced as a teenager and how a Cal U scholarship broke her cycle of life. Today she has bachelor's and master's degrees, and she is working in her field.
Dr. Mary Seman
Dr. Mary Seman, a professor of special education at cal U, shares her appreciation for the sacrifices her father made so that she could have an education.
Rachel Hoffman, a special education graduate, talks about how Dr. Mary Seman influenced her. "When I â€¦ entered a classroom of my own, I was truly able to appreciate all of the gifts that she had given me."
Office of University Development
250 University Ave. Campus Box 112
California, PA 15419